Thursday, February 1, 2024

Joy & Good Cheer

For whatever reason, this latest finish, "Joy & Good Cheer" from Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread took FOREVER to stitch and I have absolutely no reason why. There isn't a lot of full coverage, and the design itself isn't that large, but let me tell you -- it's quite deceiving.

I stitched this piece on 32 ct Vintage Country Mocha Lugana (seems to be my go-to fabric when there are a lot of white stitches) and the biggest changes were using Schoolhouse Red from GAST and Black Coffee from Classic Colorworks. The original colors charted are gorgeous, but unfortunately they just wouldn't go with my current decor and other stitched pieces, and you know I wouldn't be able to handle that!

The finishing piece is a wood board I bought at Michaels years ago that I switch pieces out with magnets and washers. The finish itself is just a double-matted mounted flat with a bow and flocked greenery.


For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

It is a super finish, Alissa! Well done!