Friday, February 2, 2024

Let's Go Ride a Bike and a Trip to the Rustic Hutch

Isn't this such a fun chart? I love the trendy bicycle theme and the little snowmen and fox. I had so much fun stitching it that I recently kitted up the spring versions (there are two) and I'm going to be starting those tonight. 

This piece was stitched on 28 ct black Jobelan using the called-for threads. I double matted it, first with red fabric and then again with my standard black and white buffalo check and then mounted it (washers & magnets) to the back of this shiplap frame I found at Michaels. I used some flocked greenery for the top, a denim bow and a little snowflake tag center I found at Walmart last year. It sits on top of my winter hutch in the kitchen and looks so, so cute!

This week I also took a day to go out with my mom and do a little shopping. I'm always looking for unique finds. I've only lived in Arizona for five years, and with Arizona being waaaaaay bigger than Connecticut, I'm always finding new areas to explore. This week's journey led me to two amazing antique stores and a truly unique shop called The Rustic Hutch that offers vintage and/or repurposed handmade crafts, furniture and more. I plan to visit this shop frequently as I love supporting local artists. Here's a little taste of what's inside.


For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fun finish you stitched and fully finished, Alissa! I can't get over you have been in Arizona for 5 years. Wow!

butterfly said...

Love it , what a great finish .