Wednesday, January 17, 2024

A Sweet Song


I can't tell you how long I've wanted to stitch "A Sweet Song" from Teresa Kogut. I had seen a finish of the pretty stitch on Instagram and after numerous searches, found it in Teresa's Patreon (which I'm a happy member of). 

I stitched this piece on 32 ct Vintage Country Mocha Lugana and made a few color changes considering the original was charted on a dark fabric. I decided to not stitch the "Winter" part at the bottom -- the thought of stitching all that white was intimidating -- and instead, I made the piece a "fancy flat" by adding some black snowflake fabric and pom pom trim. I found a frame I had in my stash that I thought would compliment the stitching nicely, but it was a little too big for the piece, so I added a mat of some blue snowflake fabric and then threw on some flocked branches and a bow.


For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on 
Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Looks wonderful.
Love the finish . Hugs June.

Robin in Virginia said...

This is such a darling stitch and finish, Alissa! Well done!

Alissa said...

Thank you, friend!