Monday, July 5, 2010

You Take the Cupcake!

Have you ever bought a stamp and then it just sits in your stamping drawer for a year without use? I have had this cupcake stamp from Unity for the longest time and just never knew what to do with it. Then I recently bought a DCWV birthday paper stack and found out later that a lot of the paper is cupcake-themed and it all just came together. I used my Prismas, of course, to color in the cupcake, and added a little glitter to the flame (though you can't tell by the picture). The pink ribbon was actually part of a prize pack I had one from an earlier challenge and gave the card just enough contrast. I'm not really a "pink" person, but I didn't have much of a choice on this one. :)

The layout for this card came from the Sketch Saturday Challenge #110 hosted by Simmone. I stumbled across this blog just recently so this will be my first entry. Join me if you'd like!

CARD DESIGN:
STAMPS: Cupcake from Unity Stamps
PAPER: DCWV Birthday Paper Stack
INK: Staz-on, Prismacolor Pencils
ACCESSORIES: Nestablities, Fuscia Ribbon, Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by!

 

5 comments:

Chris said...

How very sweet! No pun intended, ha ha!

Denise said...

Gorgeous coloring & shading!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is so very cute, lovely card...have a fantastic week!

enjoy *~*

Carrie said...

This is so cute Alissa, I have that same dp, thanks for the inspiration.

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous card in great colours!
Thanks for playing along at SS this week - good luck!
Hugs, Lena