Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Doreen!


My friend Doreen is celebrating her birthday today, so "princess birthday week" officially starts right now - whether she likes it or not!

For Doreen's birthday, I made a card featuring my new noise maker stamp from Unity. I love Unity stamps because they are so deeply etched, giving you a little more room than you normally have with other stamps. Because of this, I decided to use my watercolors, pulling out colors from my polka-dot and striped DP, and gave both the stamp and sentiment a little chalk shadow background.

I tried to make the card as colorful as possible to match Doreen's personality, and I really hope she likes it!

I also made a gift card to match.

CARD DESIGN
STAMPS:  Unity - Horn Honker
PAPER:  DCWV
INK:  Staz-on, PC
ACCESSORIES:  Circle punches, Brads

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your friend has a great birthday! Glad to see your zest for the creative is back!

jimlynn said...

SUPER card! Love those bright colors. SO GLAD to see you're back!
Lynn

Alissa said...

Thanks, Lynn! So glad to BE back!!

Confessions of a Paper-Crafts Chick said...

Oh my goodness. That is a beautiful b'day card...i love the bright colors. I'm sure your friend liked it too.