Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Have a Hoot!

Okay guys, I have a new place for you to all spend your money. It's Jessica Lynn Original, a rubber stamping store that offers clear and digi stamps designed by a very talented artist, Jessica Lynn. I was contacted by Jessica and asked to design a card around one of her digi stamps and I was more than excited to oblige once I saw her Brentwood Owl collection. So adorable!

For this particular design, I chose her Happy Birthday Brentwood stamp because he's just so stinkin' cute, and decided to compliment him with fun, vibrant colored DP. I colored him with Prismas and shaded the background with chalk and then added Nestabilities, buttons and brads for embellies. By the way, this digi stamp of Brentwood does not come with the "Have a hoot!" sentiment. He is actually just holding a plain white sign that you can customize, which I love, love, love!



When you get a chance, please check out Jessica's shop. She's very, very talented, and I will be visiting often.





Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

I too have just discovered Jessica Lynn and yes bought a stamp, I saw these little guys, they are so cute, love your card.

Christiana said...

What a beautiful, vibrant card! Love the image and the coloring. I just visited Jessica Lynn's site and downloaded the free spring flower to try. And I really want that pinata digi! So cute!

Tami said...

Isn't that cute. I haven't been to the JLO store in awhile I might need to take a peek.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How very colorful and fun.

Karen Howard said...

Alissa,

Love this card the owl image is sooooo cute!!! I'm so excited for you that you were contacted to create this amazing card, well done!

Hugs,
Karen

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Alissa, your card is great! I like the bright colors and that owl is too cute!

Unknown said...

This is lovely. I adore your colouring and the colours you have used just hit you :)

Tami said...

I really like the colors in the card. I'm glad to see you having fun again.