Sunday, July 18, 2010

Relax, Its Your Birthday!

SEE MY BLOG CANDY CHALLENGE POST HERE!
Challenge ends July 31st.

Yet another one of those cards that I picked up, put down, picked up, put down, etc, etc. I tend to have issues with masculine cards to begin with -- I think its because you can't really be "cutesy" with masculine cards. But then I always feel they come out looking too simple. I had no choice on this one though and ended up going very simple the whole way -- right down to the plain Arial font! It doesn't get much simpler than this, and believe me, I fought the urge to throw flowers, rhinestones any bows many many times. 

The digi is from DigiStamp Boutique. It was introduced at Father's Day I believe (which will tell you how long I've been picking it up and putting it back down). I bumped it up with foam squares and then did the same with the punched out polka dots.

CARD DESIGN:
Stamps: DigiStamp Boutique - "Just Snoozing..."
Ink: PC, Prismacolor Pencils, Chalks
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Embellishments: Punches, Foam Squares

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Awesome card, I love all the circles and bright colors!!!

Micah said...

You have such a pretty blog Alissa! I love the strong colors and lines I see in the last few entries. I'm inspired to try a few more bold colors!! (And to be less afraid of shapes lol)

Nice to have you in the blog group!

Laura said...

WOW!I love it!I really like the DP.

Carrie said...

Alissa I love this card, the circle details to match the circle bg and the colors are wonderful

Jenny said...

What a great card! I love your DP!! Nice coloring. Nice to have you in the blog group with us.

jimlynn said...

I like this! Love the DP you used and just everything else. So cute.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job on this card. i love the colors you went with and that paper is awesome. Guy cards are so hard... but I think you rocked this!

paige said...

A great card for the special men in your life! It's perfect!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I think your card turned out super! Guys are pretty simple remember? ;)

Crafting Queen said...

Great male card, thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Hi Alyssa!
Great card!! I found you through SCS and the possibility of new blog group! I just requested to join it.
I 'mainly' color with prisma's too - so I'm looking forward to scrolling through your creations!!
Maria

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Great masculine birthday card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

Unknown said...

I really like this card. I have a hard time with masculine cards and I think you nailed it with this card. Fabulous1

Ann English said...

Not too simple-just right!!! Thank you for joining us his week at Sentimental Sundays! Hope you'll join us again!

Patty Gorka said...

This is a great masculine card, Alissa. Love the dp you used and the layout of your card is just perfect.

I tend to have trouble with masculine cards as well.