Wednesday, July 21, 2010

If the Shoe Fits...

SEE MY BLOG CANDY CHALLENGE HERE!
Challenge ends July 31st.


Today's my mom's birthday! Because she's my shopping partner, I was inspired to use this stamp from My Favorite Things. I've had the stamp for awhile but for whatever reason, never used it until now. Maybe my mom served as the inspiration. :)

I actually had a good time making this card for some reason. I don't know if it was the colors, or just the fact that it had to do with shopping, but whatever the reason, it was one of those quick and easy cards that takes very little thought. And after the struggles I've been having lately in that area, I really needed this one!

CARD DESIGN:
Stamps: My Favorite Things - "Say Charge"Paper: DCWV
Ink: PC, Prismacolor Pencils
Accessories: Ribbon, Nestabilities, Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Laura said...

what an awesome card.Oh I know your mom is going to love this.The colors are awesome.My shopping partner is my mom too.How Fun is that.

Micah said...

How fun!! Thank you for sharing, it looks great!

Karen Howard said...

I love the MFT images although I haven't been brave enough to try these ones. So far it is flopsey and pure innocence! Gorgeous card, love everything about it!!!

Patricia said...

Fantastic coloring job! The flower on the black bag almost looks 3-D.

Carrie said...

Alissa this is great. I shop with my mom a lot too. I'm sure she is going to love this!!

Anonymous said...

Your coloring is fabulous. This card is so cute. I need to get some of these images. SCS(not2shabbydesigns)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

WOW - so vibrant and awesome!! I LOVE the bright colors!!! Your mom is going to LOVE this!!!
Maria

Katy Myhre said...

Oh man do I ever agree with that statement! TFS

paige said...

This is a great card! I love shopping trips with my daughter!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Happy Birthday Mom! I bet she loved it! Enjoy every moment with your Mom & I hope you both had a good day.

jimlynn said...

I LOVE it! Love the colors, image, everything - especially the sentiment. So cute.
Lynn

Patty Gorka said...

What a fantastic birthday card, I bet your mom loved it. Super cute sentiment too!