Saturday, March 23, 2024

"Scrap"py Projects

 Hi friends!

Ever since I started offering premade wood items in my Etsy shop, I've had random sized scrap wood filling up a bin in my studio and it makes me nuts. It seems like such a waste to just throw it away, so little by little I've been making "scrap"py projects that includes paddles, hornbooks and slatted frames to cut down on some of the bulk.

"HIPPITY HOP"
Primrose Cottages Stitches

"AMERICANA PETITES"
Little House Needleworks

"THE ROBINS ARE HERE"
Brenda Gervais, With Thy Needle and Thread

I'm really enjoying firing up my scrollsaw and coming up with these finishing boards for my pieces. It allows me another creative outlet when I need to do something a little different. It also helps when I have those randomly sized stitched projects I don't know what to do with!

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

butterfly said...

Love every thing great finishing .

Robin in Virginia said...

Your paddles look great as do the finished projects, Alissa. Did you use a scrap to make the paddle for my deer piece?