Monday, December 21, 2020

Cookies for Santa

Hello friends!

In honor of Christmas Cookie baking day that will be happening in my kitchen, I'm featuring another finish from my baking-themed hutch. This time, "Cookies for Santa" by Country Cottage Needleworks.

This piece was a relatively quick stitch because its mostly words, but I did change most, if not all of the colors. It's stitched on 32 ct Vintage Country Mocha lugana using the following colors:

Classic Colorworks: Brandied Pears, Cherry Cobbler, Caterpillar, Black Coffee

GAST: Chives, Wood Trail

DMC:  White


I matted the stitched piece with red and white gingham fabric, but before I glued it down, I ran a strip of green ribbon across the bottom to pick up some color. Then I added white cording around the edge of the stitching and made a bow with more of that same green ribbon before gluing that in the center of some flocked greenery and berry picks. The mini rolling pin is an ornament from Hobby Lobby that I removed the ribbon from, and then I just glued that directly to this galvanized tray I had bought at Hobby Lobby in their spring shop earlier this year.

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

butterfly said...

Another beautiful stitch and finish .
Just love it.
Have a good Christmas and stay safe .

Robin in Virginia said...

This is adorable, Alissa! So, what cookies did you bake on Christmas Cookie Day?