Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Christmas Rules

 Hello friends!

One of my favorite pieces I finished and put out this year HAS to be "Christmas Rules" by Lizzie Kate. 


I had stitched this piece last year but didn't have time to get it finished and displayed, so this is the first year I get to actually enjoy the Rules. 

The piece is matted on some black and red gingham fabric and edged with white cording. I knew I wanted to mount it to a fence of some kind, so my mom being the trooper she is, went flea market shopping with me all across the Phoenix area until we came home with this perfect white-washed one. 

I plan to use the fence for other pieces, so I didn't want to glue Christmas Rules directly to it, so instead I just added a loop of twine to the back of the piece that I have hung over one of the posts. I added a large buffalo check bow, a rusty jingle bell and some greenery with berries, but it seemed too plain so I threw some Christmas garland across the top and sides for some color.

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Wonderful super stitching .
Perfect finish, great idea .
Have a happy day.

Linda said...

I love Lizzy Kate stuff and this is so cute. You must cross stitch fast!

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your finish, Alissa! Love the sled you have it by as well!