Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Rooster and the Hens

Hello Friends!

Been another busy one this morning at Casa Quarantine. I'm slowly but surely making my way through piles of finishing that have been made worse by my own self-isolation stitching. I say this every year, but the market releases this year were AMAZING and I want to stitch them ALL!!



Anyways... the latest stitch from my pile was Rooster and the Hens by Little House Needleworks. I had a love/hate relationship with this pattern and I'm not sure why. At some points I really enjoyed it, and others (especially the last night of it), I COULD NOT wait to get it done.

My original plan was going to be a fancy flat, but after playing with it for waaaaaaay too long, I went with this wall hanging block -- although I think it would look cute as a shelf-sitter standing up on its own without the hanger.

I used the DMC conversion stitched on 32 ct plantinum lugana and double-matted it with coordinating fabrics before adding cording and a bow.

For shop updates, sneek peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Rooster and hens looks super, Alissa! I thought this year's Market offerings were better than they had been in a few. More variety if you ask me!