Friday, April 3, 2020

Bunny Finishes

Hello Friends!

It's been a busy couple of weeks here in quarantine and I swear being busy is the only thing keeping me sane!



I started the week stitching up this cute bunny piece, "Happy Bunny Bunny Day" by the Trilogy and finished it as a basket front.



I used DMC 844, 223 and white as my colors and stitched it up on some scrap Monaco. This metal basket was a really cool find awhile back that I thought would be perfect for the piece, so I finished the bunny as a "flat," edged it with some cording, attached a bow and mounted it to the front. I absolutely love it!



My second piece was this Prairie Schooler bunny I finished as a paddle topper. With the weather being so nice here in Phoenix, I was able to do a lot of chalk-painting outside, so I painted the paddle an ivory chalk-finish and then roughed up the edges. 



The stitched piece is matted with homespun fabric and mounted to the front. The pattern is from the "Signs of Spring" book from Prairie Schooler. I used all called-for colors.


For shop updates, sneek peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Both look super, Alissa! Hard to pick a favorite, so I won't. Have a relaxing weekend!