Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Stars and Stripes x 2


Hello Friends!

This week I stitched up Stars and Stripes from Little House Needleworks not once, but twice. I wanted to see what the pattern would look like on different color fabrics, and in similar-but-different style of finishing, so I stitched it first on some 28 ct Monaco I hand-dyed gray, and then stitched it again on 32 ct Vintage Country Mocha lugana -- and since I had all the colors out already, it made it that much easier.

I finished the gray piece in a Vonna-inspired flatfold using black and tan homespun fabric. I mounted the stitching to the front and added some coordinating ribbons and bows and a cover button center.







For the Vintage Country Mocha piece, I mounted the stitching to some navy and tan gingham homespun, and then mounted both to the front of this dark gray pre-bought easel. For the top, I added some more ribbon, bows an a cover button. 

Still not sure which one of these is my favorite, but I'm definitely happy with how they both came out!

STITCHY DETAILS:

Pattern: Stars and Stripes
Designer: Little House Needleworks
Stars & Stripes - Cross Stitch Pattern
Fabric: 28 ct evenweave Monaco dyed gray (flatfold)
32 ct Vintage Country Mocha lugana (easel)
Colors Used: DMC 355, 3781, 924, 3031, 3051, 3012, 3777, White

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

I think both look fabulous, Alissa! Well done!