Monday, November 8, 2010

Warm Wishes Snowman


I had a hard time watching this card walk away today. Isn't it funny how we get attached to certain cards? At least I really like the person who bought it. :)

Though I really love the Cappuccino Snowman digi stamp, I think I really liked the colors I used for it. I wanted to try something different and get away from the traditional holiday colors, seeing as though snowmen can be very generalized, so I went bold...literally. I chose 5 different sheets of DP and went a little crazy with the layering before settling on the layout. The snowman is colored with prismas and outlined and shadowed in chalks to give him so definition. The best part was the mug of cocoa embellie I found laying around. I thought it was the perfect card to use it on. Hopefully this will be my motivation to get a ton of Christmas cards done this week... wish me luck! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

I wouldn't have wanted to let this one go either! It's precious. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the colors too.
Wonderful card.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Wow girl this is fabulous. The coloring is perfection!

Karen Howard said...

I love the bright colors you used on this card and that snowman is just adorable!!! Hugs, Karen

paige said...

I'm not sure I would have let this card out of my sight! fabulous card!

Laura said...

Alissa,I know what you mean about letting go of some the cards.I really like the Dp you used and the coffee cup takes the cake.

Marilyn said...

So stinkin cute Alissa & I love it!
Your colouring is flawless, love the layout & embellies.

Patricia said...

Fantastic coloring job, as usual!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Beautiful! I love the different colors you used!!! Coloring is great as always and that mug is terrific too!
Good luck w/ your xmas card making!
Maria

Patty Gorka said...

Such a fun card, so wonderful that it's going to someone you like. I've got to get going on some more Christmas cards myself.

Carrie said...

I LOVE IT!!! Too bad this card wasn't coming to me lol. great colors! I love that little cup in the bottom corner. Perfect details