Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Hello Frosty!

Ever have a finishing idea for a piece and then when you go to actually finish it, you realize you have made a critical error in sizing? Well, that's what happened with this piece. I had "the most perfect" finishing item for this chart, and then once it was stitched and I went to go mount it, I realized it was at least two inches too small.... so I had to start from scratch.

I ended up just going with a basic frame. Once I finished the piece and the two backing mounts, it ended up being close to 9x11 inches, so this large frame I had in my stash had to do. I'm super frustrated about it, but at least I have a new piece to add to my winter vignettes this year.

The pattern is "Hello Frosty" from Stitching with the Housewives. It was stitched on 28 count black Jobelan using the called-for colors, except for the jar itself which I subbed out for "Caribbean Waters" from Classic Colorworks.

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: