Monday, January 11, 2021

Mr. Marshmallow

Hello Friends!

We're moving on to winter decor in this house, so my first stitch and finish of 2021 is officially Mr. Marshmallow by Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread.

This was a fun stitch as I transitioned from Christmas colors; however, that cup was no joke! It's not extremely large, but I feel like it took forever to stitch it up! I even ran out of Caribbean Waters 3/4 of the way through and had to get a little fancy with blending (can you tell?)

Mr. Marshmallow was an easy finish because it simply replaced "Gingerbread Street" in my kitchen hutch. It's just a mounted flat on a magnet with some greenery and a bow.

It's stitched on 32 ct. Vintage Country Mocha Lugana with the called-for colors, except I substituted Caribbean Waters by Classic Colorworks instead of Lettuce Leaf.

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

butterfly said...

What a jolly stitch love it .
Love the blue cup , I had to mix a thread once when I ran out on my stitching , it worked and so did yours .
Another great finish , what kind of magnets do you use .
This is a great idea .
To use one frame for a few different ornaments .
Enjoy your day .

Robin in Virginia said...

This is adorable, Alissa! I love how you finished it in the white frame.