Friday, January 22, 2021

Let's Talk Winter

 Hello Friends!

I decided to use chalkboard cross stitch finishes as features for my upstairs entry winter vignette, so as my focal piece, I used the largest pattern included in Hands on Design's "Let's Talk Winter" chart. 

I matted the stitched piece with some buffalo check fabric, and then with magnets and washers, popped it on top of an 8x10 whitewashed frame I've used in other vignettes. I wanted a simple, clean finish on these, so I made some cording, but opted out on the bow and picks.

For the smaller chart, "Hello Winter," I pretty much finished it the same way, except the washers and magnets are attached to a square, whitewashed plank I picked up at Michaels last year. It sits perfectly in my tiered tray along with some other snowflake and snowmen accessories. 

Both pieces are stitched on 32 ct Charcoal Lugana that I ended up dipping in some black Rit dye to make a little bit darker. I used all of the called-for DMC.

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

I love your finish - beautiful! I haven't tried stitching on dark fabric yet - perhaps it's time I did! Liz