Monday, November 23, 2020

Goodbye Pumpkin Spice, Hello Snow!

 Hello Friends!

This weekend I worked on transitioning all of my fall decor upstairs to more winter/holiday. I started with my living room shelves which took on a woodland snowy forest theme this year which means I had to say goodbye to Pumpkin Spice....

...and hello to Snow Days! 

This pattern is by Country Cottage Needleworks. It's a popular one, so I'm sure you've all seen it. Besides color substitutions, the only changes I made were not stitching the bottom red and white gingham blocks, and I changed the "O" to red and green instead of the charted red and white. 

I use the same frame for all of my cross stitch pieces in this display, so I finished this piece as a mounted flat and used washers and magnets. The stitching is matted with this really pretty green fabric I found as a remnant in Joann's and edged with some red cording I made. I sprayed some greenery with snow spray, and then put a buffalo check in the center. I love this piece so much!

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

butterfly said...

Love it .
What a lovely snowy stitch ,finish is wonderful again.
Enjoy a good week.

Robin in Virginia said...

Love, love, love it, Alissa! Very cool that you can reuse the wood plank framing. It looks fabulous. Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving!

Kathy C said...

Love the color choices and your finishing on this piece!