Friday, May 21, 2021

Strawberries and Cream

Happy Friday, friends!

I just love pulling out my finished "Strawberries and Cream" piece from Stitchrovia every year. This piece is still one of my favorites that I've stitched. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it in the end!

I had finished this piece in an aqua, rustic frame I found at Joann's years ago. It's matted with some really pretty strawberry red quilting fabric, and edged with handmade cording. I added another layer of handmade cording between the quilting fabric and the frame as well just to make it pop. All four corners have a wooden leaf with a small rosette in the center. 

In addition to this piece, this year I added "Berry Buzz" from Misty over at Luminous Fiber Arts to my upstairs red, white and teal-themed vignette. I stitched this on 32 ct Taupe Lugana and used Caribbean Waters from Classic Colorworks for the aqua instead of the darker called-for blue. It's mounted on some black and white gingham fabric and attached with magnets to this wooden block I found at Michaels. I like to use this block for a lot of my smaller pieces in this tiered tray.


Both of these pieces coordinate with last year's "Berry" finish by Lizzie Kate. I love pulling that piece out every year, too!

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: