Thursday, May 27, 2021

A Few Patriotic Stitches

Hi Friends!

This week I spent a little time stitching and finishing these small patriotic pieces. 

This is "USA Squared" by Lizzie Kate. I stitched this piece on scrap 28 tea-dyed Monaco using the following DMC colors: 816, 312, 334, 3051, 3364, 680, 3781, and White. It's finished with some coordinating fabric, and then mounted on a wood easel I found at Michaels last year. 

This second piece is "Let Freedom Ring" and it's also by Lizzie Kate. I had this USA hat frame I found at Christmas Tree Shop back when I lived in Connecticut in my stash and it was the perfect size. I matted it with some coordinating fabric and then mounted it to the top of the frame. The frame came with wired fireworks at the bottom, but since they covered up too much of the stitching, I ripped them off (literally), and used one of the fireworks as the center of the bow. It's such a fun piece!

The last piece I made from one of charts in "Festive Little Fobs 5" by Heartstring Samplery. It's small, so I just used a 4x4 wood coaster and mounted the piece with some coordinating fabric to the front. I think it would look so cute in a patriotic tiered tray!

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: