Monday, November 9, 2020

Well-Rounded Winter

 

Hello Friends!

This morning I fully finished one of the Perennial Pinwheels from Hands on Design's "Well-Rounded" winter charts. I had originally planned to stitch and finish this particular pattern in a tart, but when I found this box at Hobby Lobby, I changed up my plan and finished it as a Christmas tree planter.

The box was found in the wedding section and it came already whitewashed. All I had to do was mat the stitched piece with some wintery homespun fabric and mount it to the front. I used some flocked greenery to jazz up the top, and then made a bow out of some jute ribbon. Then I just added the holly button for some color.

This set of charts by Hands on Designs offers you three different patterns for each season and gives you so many options! Definitely a great pattern to have in your stash!

I also knocked out these really cute wood tag ornaments featuring charts from Madame Chantilly's "Christmas Stamps". These quick stitches were just small fancy flats using red and white gingham fabric, mounted to the front of whitewashed wood tag ornaments. 


For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

butterfly said...

Wow again some lovely stitching and finishing .
Love the way you you finish each piece with such love and care .
You always give me some great ideas thanks.
Have a good week.

Robin in Virginia said...

Love, love, love the tags, Alissa! Did the tags come from Hobby Lobby as well? Love the Well Rounded Winter piece you stitched and finished. Well done?