Thursday, November 19, 2020

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Hello Friends!

As I continue the transition from fall to Christmas decor, I finished up these three holiday stitches this week.

I stitched up Hometown Holidays - Tree Lot by Little House Needleworks and finished it as this mounted frame piece. The frame had an old, weathered look and feel to it which was perfect! 

I stitched the chart on 32 ct Vintage Country Mocha Lugana using the following colors: 

Classic Colorworks: Brandied Pears, Cherry Cobbler, Steamed Brocolli, Black Coffee

DMC: 3371, White

The piece is matted with some red and black buffalo check fabric I found at Hobby Lobby, edged with some green handmade cording, and jazzed up with some flocked greenery and a green bow.

The next piece was the December monthly cottage by Classic Colorworks which I finished as a wall hanging on this gray-washed board I found at Michaels. It's matted with coordinginating fabric, edged in handmade cording, and has a bow with a wreath center.

The last piece I finished was Silent Night. This pattern can be found in Chalkboard Ornaments, Christmas Collection Part 3 by Hands on Design. The pattern is charted for black fabric, but I decided to stitch it on a remnant 32 ct Vintage Country Mocha Lugana I had left over from Tree Lot. The colors I used were DMC 3051, 816, 3781 and white. 

The stitched piece was finished as a mounted ornament on black and white check fabric, edged with trim and completed with a bow.

A few of my favorite client finishes from the week:

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

butterfly said...

Alissa your finish is again inspiring .
Love your new stitching a lovely early Christmas treat .
Have a good week.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your trio of Christmas finishes look fabulous, Alissa! I love seeing the Silent Night one on something other than the black fabric. Well done on your client finishes! I hope you added the PS Santa driving the truck to the pile that is coming back to me! LOL It is darling!