Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Here Come the Gingerbread

 Hello Friends!

I've been working on my baking/gingerbread vignettes downstairs, and was finally able to fully finish "Gingerbread Street" by Little House Needleworks on one of the shelves in the hutch.

I stitched the piece on 32 ct Vintage Country Lugana using the following threads:

Classic Colorworks: Brandied Pears, Cherry Cobbler, Hickory Sticks

GAST: Chives

DMC: White

I matted the stitched piece on red and white gingham fabric and edged the piece with white handmade cording before adding some flocked greenery, a bow and gingerbread button center. I have two small plush gingerbread ornaments leaning up against the piece. Those ornaments came from Michaels.

Gingerbread Street is displayed next to my vintage flour sifter I found at a flea market this year. I love how "grungy" it is. I added some greenery and picks, and this faux gingerbread cookie I found at Michaels this year. Super cute, easy decor item for a hutch fill-in.

My other finish was this adorable gingerbread in a Rae Dunn-inspired mug from Priscilla and Chelsea of Stitching with the Housewives. This pattern came as a freebie with their Mrs. Claus' Cookies pattern found in their Etsy shop.

The stitched piece is matted with more of that red and white gingham and mounted to a cutting board found at Hobby Lobby that I chalk-painted green. I added two bows and another gingerbread button and placed her in my tiered tray. 

I just love her!

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Your gingerbread pieces are so pretty! I am going to have to copy your cup finish!❤❤❤

butterfly said...


What can I say , just beautiful I love gingerbread men and ladies .
Your finish is wonderful on each item and so much love put into each one.
Enjoy your day .

Robin in Virginia said...

Your gingerbread pieces are darling, Alissa. Love your sifter with the greens and gingerbread cookie! Well done!