Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Farmhouse Christmas

 Hello friends!

I am absolutely thrilled to have finished the "Farmhouse Christmas" series by Little House Needleworks and have it up in one of my displays this year!


At times it felt like I would never get this all stitched and finished in time -- that border is a sneaky time sucker -- but once I saw the finish line I just couldn't seem to put it down.

The chart was stitched on 32 ct Taupe lugana using all of the called-for threads. Stitched, it measures about 13 x 13 inches. The frame is actually a picture (Let Heaven and Nature Sing) I found at Michaels in their Farmhouse section that I have in another one of my displays. 


When I realized it was the perfect fit, I ran back to Michaels to grab a second one. The color and size were too perfect to pass on!

I matted the piece with some green fabric and then edged the stitching with white cording before gluing it directly to the barnwood frame. I added some flocked greenery to the top and made a large bow from burlap ribbon for the center. Then for the middle of the bow, I added a wooden farmhouse tag I found at Walmart (I added the small gingham bow to the top, it doesn't come that way), and then a rusty jingle bell on top of that.

And since I needed a little "something" on the bottom shelf, I quickly stitched and finished "Cut and Carry" by Hands on Design as a complimentary piece. 


It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Cathy's designs at Hands on Design, so this little chart was the perfect one to add to Farmhouse Christmas. I stitched it on the same fabric with the same threads, and even matted it with the same green fabric (I was lucky to have a scrap JUST big enough for this piece). Like Farmhouse Christmas, I added flocked greenery, a burlap bow, but this time I added a red button for the center. And then because I felt like it needed "something" more, I added another one of those mini tag ornaments to the bottom right, another tiny gingham bow, and an even tinier jingle bell.

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Very nicely done!!

butterfly said...

Oh my I loved it , yet again you have made a lovely job of stitching and wonderful finishing .
Enjoy a lovely day.

Linda said...

I've had the kit since last year and still haven't made it! Yours looks so good I'm inspired again.

Robin in Virginia said...

Both are fabulous, Alissa! Awesome that the farmhouse piece fit perfectly on the red frame and that they had another when you went to Michaels. Those tags are very cool. Love your display!