Monday, October 12, 2020

Halloween Mix and Match


Hello Friends!

I'm so, so glad to have finished my Halloween Mix and Match by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet Co! This is 100 percent one of my favorite Halloween finishes EVER and a lot of it has to do with the fact that the concept of the Mix and Match is utterly brilliant.

The border is a freebie that can be downloaded at Fat Quarter shop. You can choose to stitch as many "blocks" as you'd like. I chose to go with the 9-block square. The patterns I chose to stitch in each block came from the following charts/sets:

Block 1: Stitch Cards Set C by Lori Holt

Blocks 2, 3, 5 and 7: Stitch Cards Set F by Lori Holt

Blocks 4, 6 and 9: Farm Girl Fall by Lori Holt

Block 8: Stitch Cards Set D by Lori Holt

FLOSS COLORS USED:

DMC: 310, 535

Weeks Dye Works: Light Khaki, Galvanized, Sweet Potato, Oscar

Classic Colorworks: Colonial Copper, Queen Bee

GAST: Wood Trail

I stitched the piece on 32 ct Vintage Country Mocha Lugana, and finished, it measures approximately 7 x 7 inches. I matted the piece with some black and tan Homespun fabric (cut to 10 3/4 x 10 3/4 inches) and mounted it to the inside of this 11 x 11 inch frame I found in the Halloween section of Joann's. The piece itself is so pretty, I decided not to use any bows or embellishments. I just made some cording out of a burnt orange floss and called it a day. Absolutely love it!


For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Again a lovely stitch and finish.
Beautiful.

Robin in Virginia said...

This looks incredible, Alissa! Now, I get your mix and match description. I really like the colors you used for this on the vintage country mocha lugana. Well done!

Addie said...

I can't stop looking at this. It's stunning. If I didn't already stitch this in the called for colors I would without a doubt copy this. Your work is beyond gorgeous! Take care.