Friday, July 16, 2021

Star Spangled Spectacular

Happy Friday, friends!

I was able to stitch and finish Souvenirs of the Heart: Star Spangled Spectacular from With Thy Needle and Thread earlier this month just in time to add it to the patriotic hutch in my kitchen for July 4th. 

I found this red chalkboard easel at Michaels and I knew that with some backing fabrics, it would be the perfect size to fit, so I first dry-sanded the chalkboard a little bit just to make it look a little more rustic, and then I matted the stitched piece first with some red patriotic fabric, and then again with steel blue fabric. I used more of that blue stitched ribbon from Hobby Lobby to tie my other patriotic pieces in, and then just added a small white floral center. This pattern has been in my to-stitch pile for at least a year, so I'm really happy I was able to get it done and out this year, even if it's only for a few weeks!

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: