Friday, June 25, 2021

Where Did June Go??

Hello friends!

This month is absolutely flying by! Between a little family vacation and getting our new puppy, Max, I don't even know where the time went! If you follow me on Instagram, you've already met Max, but in case you don't, here's a few photos I managed to grab when he sat still for .3 seconds!




Prior to bringing Max home, and in between chasing him around the house, I was able to finish up a few more pieces for the hutch downstairs -- just in time to take it all down and switch it out with patriotic decor.

I stitched and finished the June Cottage by Country Cottage Needleworks, but without the "June" title because I wanted to be able to keep this out for longer than just June. It has ladybugs and strawberries though so it was a must for the hutch. It's a pretty simple mounted flat finish in a frame using the same fabric and ribbons as most of the other pieces that surround it.

For the tiered tray in the kitchen, I stitched up another one of the seed packets from Stitching with the Housewives and finished it like Priscilla did with the model. It's mounted on one of those gingham blocks from Michaels. I had previously finished Daisy Seeds in the same way, so I thought they'd look cute on the same tray together.

On the top of the hutch, I switched out my Bunny Bakery finish with "Beeline" by Country Cottage Needleworks. 

Because it's not the same exact size, I had to make the mounted fabric behind it a little larger than the stitched piece, and then I added a bow in the center to fill in the gap. The enamel tin that it's magnetized to is in the enamel section of Hobby Lobby. They have two sizes: one says Flour and one says Sugar.

To finish up with the strawberry theme, I added a small finish of "Garden Love", one of the freebies that comes with the Stitching with the Housewives patterns. I opted to stitch it on taupe lugana instead of black, and then just swapped out the colors to match all of my other strawberry finishes.

This quick finish is just matted with buffalo check fabric and mounted to the front of this small black sign I found at Hobby Lobby in the spring section. It sits next to a galvanized watering can full of summer flowers. 

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: