Friday, March 26, 2021

Still Springing Along

 Happy Friday!

Today I'm sharing two more of my Spring finishes from this year. The first was "Holiday Hoopla - Easter" by Brenda Gervais from With Thy Needle and Thread. 

This piece has been through many variations of finishes before I finally settled for a mounted round flat in a watering can. In retrospect, I wish I had stitched it on smaller count fabric so the piece itself would be larger, but since I don't have time to re-stitch it, it is what it is! The galvanized watering can came from Hobby Lobby, and I just used Styrofoam for the base before loading it with some wildflowers.

The second piece is the top portion of "Tulip House" by Hands on Design. 

I stitched the piece on 28 ct black Jobelan and changed a couple of the colors to bring in some aqua. I mounted the stitched piece to the buffalo check off-center because I knew I wanted to add a small galvanized vase to the side to bring in some flowers to mirror the flowers in the piece. The little vase is from Hobby Lobby and is just hot-glued directly to the mounting board. I added a small gingham bow and then just cut some smaller buds to fit inside. Really easy finish!

A few of my favorite Finishing Services this week....







For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on 
Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: