Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Plum Pudding

 Hello Friends!

Today I'm sharing my "Plum Pudding" finish by Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread. 

This piece reeeeeeally gave me fits while finishing (I may or may not have thrown thrown the mini rolling pin) and even though I'm "okay" with the finished result, it really wasn't what I had planned.

The chart was stitched on 32 ct Vintage Country Mocha lugana using the following colors:

Classic Coloworks: Cherry Cobbler, Chopped Chives, Black Coffee, Eggshell, Antique Lace, Muddy Puddle

WDW: Lily Pad, Cocoa

Colour & Cotton: Spicy Mustard"

Once stitched, I matted it with red and white gingham and mounted it to the front of this galvanized easel. Originally, I wanted the piece to sit within the slit that's on top of the rolling pin, but the piece was too top-heavy and no matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't stay. So... I glued the flat end of the rolling pin directly to the easel and then added some bows to cover the slit. Like I said, not what I originally planned, but I'm glad its done and up in my baking-themed hutch.

For shop updates, sneak peeks. finishing service photos and more, follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

butterfly said...

I love it and it looks fantastic .
Merry Christmas and have fun .
And no throwing of rolling pins ha.

Robin in Virginia said...

Even though it gave you fits to finish, it turned out lovely!