Friday, June 28, 2019

Summer Whirligig 2.0

Hello Friends!

So I stitched Summer Whirligig again but this time, I finished it as a mounted tart ornament.



When I stitched the piece this time, I used 32 ct Lugana which made the pattern smaller so I'd have a little room to add some coordinating fabric. I chose a black and tan homespun check as the backing and then edged the stitched piece and the homespun with twine. Then I made a bow out of some tan straw ribbon and added a cute flower button in the center.

STITCHY DETAILS:

Pattern: Summer Whirligig
Designer: Heart in Hand
Summer Whirligig - Cross Stitch Pattern
Fabric: 32 ct. Vintage Country Mocha Lugana
Colors Used: DMC 3777, 3371, 729, 356, 3781, 647, 422, 469, White

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

This turned out darling, Alissa! Happy Friday!

butterfly said...

Great stitching and finish .
Lovely idea .

Mary said...

Very beautiful stitching and finishing.