Thursday, June 20, 2019

Freedom Finishes

Hello Friends!

Took a small break from finishing for others to finish a couple more patriotic designs I had stitched before going on vacation.



This first FFO is probably my favorite patriotic design. I've stitched it three times now: twice for others and once for myself. I love how it looks in my patriotic display and I always look forward to putting it out. I used black and tan homespun fabric for the backing and edged the stitched piece with twine before adding a bunch of ribbons to the top with a cover button center.

One of the most asked questions I get is where to buy this pattern, and unfortunately, it's not an easy link I can add. You CAN get it by joining the Star Spangled Stitchers group on Facebook though. Its in the freebies section by Barbara Ana Designs.



The next FFO was this cute little patriotic design from Heart in Hand. I turned it into a mounted flat ornament using the same black and tan homespun fabric and then added some patriotic ribbon and a small white bow.

STITCHY DETAILS:

Pattern: Merry Mini Making: Free
Designer: Heart in Hand
Merry Making Mini - Free (w/embellishments)
Fabric: 32 ct Vintage Country Mocha Lugana
Colors Used: DMC 3777, 3768, 731, 729, 3371, 422, White


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of your patriotic finishes are simply darling, Alissa. Love the Freedom stitch design a lot! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!