Friday, May 10, 2019

Summer Whirligig



Hello Friends!

It's been a busy so far, but I have a lot of progress to show for it!

First, I FFOed my Summer Whirligig stitched piece into another farmhouse tart. It's the perfect size and shape so it was a no-brainer. 



Because the size of the piece was sufficient enough for the tart's size, I left the stitching on it's own and just did my basic finishing with some padded batting behind the stitching. Then I edged it with white twist cord and made of a bow from more of that fabulous red and white gingham ribbon. For the center, I just made another cover button from my tan and black homespun fabric to bring out some of the dark brown in the pattern and then glued that to the center. Super cute summer piece!

STITCHY DETAILS:

Pattern: Summer Whirligig
Designer: Heart in Hand
Summer Whirligig - Cross Stitch Pattern
Fabric: 28 ct tea-dyed evenweave Monaco
Colors Used: DMC 3777, 3371, 729, 356, 3781, 647, 422, 469, White

I also worked on a number of custom requests this week including finishing up these lovelies stitched up by one of my favorite people, Robin and her mom. 


I can't tell you how many pieces they send me that I really struggle to send back. I just love the pieces they send. It's like Christmas morning when I open their packages.



 "Merry" by Lizzie Kate
Stitched on  32 ct. Dirty Linen
DMC 304, 367, 500






"You Hold My Heart" and "Let It Snow" by Hands on Design
Stitched on 28 ct. Antique White Lugana
DMC 3688, 3799 and 926, 3799



"Deer Pair in Heart" by Luli (complimentary chart on her blog)
Stitched on 28 ct Cornflower Jobelan
Gentle Arts "Picnic Basket"



"Stork Scissor Monogram (P)" by Sharon Manspeaker (XStitch Happy Blog)
Stitched on 32 ct. linen
DMC 310, 415, 469, 676


Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

The HIH whirligig is adorable. It makes me smile! Another fabulous assortment of finishes, Alissa! Way to go!