Thursday, May 23, 2019

Birds and Bees

Hello Friends!

Yesterday I mailed off this "Stitching Bird" to my new stitchy friend, Lori, who trusted me with her beautiful stitching. This was the second flatfold I finished this week using this pattern and seeing it all stitched up and finished made me rush out and buy the pattern myself. It's so cute!




Because of the gray tones in the stitching, I decided to use black and white gingham for the backing fabric, and white trim to edge the sides of the stitching to bring in some contrast. Then I added a black and white gingham ribbon with a cute scissor button for the center. I really hope Lori likes it when it arrives! It's always nerve-wracking to finish for other stitchers.



I also finished this little bee design into a mounted ornament. The design is from one of the patterns from Lizzie Kate's Summer Smalls. I used black and tan homespun fabric for the backing and twine cording for the edging. Just a quick, fun stitch.



STITCHY DETAILS:

Pattern: Summer Smalls
Designer: Lizzie Kate
Summer Smalls - Cross Stitch Pattern
Fabric: 28 ct Lambswool Jobelan
Colors Used: DMC 676, 729, 420, 730, 3012, 3781 and White

Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Both finishes turned out fabulous! I love the black/white gingham for the stitch bird and the black/tan homespun (what's the different between the two?) you used for the bees. Well done!