Thursday, April 11, 2019

Here a Peep, There a Peep



Hello Friends!

I was up until 1:00 am in the studio working on some finishing including this "Here a Peep, There a Peep" piece, trying to get some stuff off my finishing table. I actually think I may have bitten off more than I can chew this month already with Easter custom finishes, so I'm happy that even though I'm tired this morning, a few boxes have been checked off!


I stitched this piece a little while back but had to locate an oval frame that would look right. Finally, I found one (in black), so I chalk painted it and made it look old and worn, and then added a backing with a sawtooth hanger. The stitched piece is on tea-dyed fabric and is finished in a smaller oval shape (hate ovals) before being matted to some coordinating fabric inside the frame. Spring picks and a cream bow compliment the piece.


STITCHY DETAILS:

Pattern: Here a Peep, There a Peep
Designer: With Thy Needle and Thread
Here a Peep, There a Peep - Cross Stitch Pattern
Fabric: 28 ct Tea-dyed Evenweave Monaco
Colors Used:
Weeks: Cadet, Light Khaki, Aztec Red
Classic Colorworks: Autumn Spice, Queen Bee, Mossy, Wagon Wheel
GAST: Tea Rose

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a super way to finish this one, Alissa! I love the oval frame for it. Well done!