Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Birthday Wishes

My scrap pile is really starting to "pile up" and when that happens, I know I have to start getting creative. Luckily I had some scrap paper that looked pretty good together and made for a colorful birthday card. The card itself is a very basic design, so I chose to add a strip of purple cardstock for the sentiment, two small purple rhinestones, and some layered flower embellies to dress it up. Simple, fun, summery card.
Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pocket Full of Daisies

I had a lot of fun with this card because I got to combine painting and paper crafting. First I did a very wet yellow background on some watercolor paper and then added some blades of grass with different shades of green. Instead of painting the flowers, I hand-punched them all and added rhinestone centers. Because the image was so simple, I was able to go with a really crazy background from K&Co to pull it together. The image and flower sentiment are both adhered with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Watercolor Therapy

I ended up having a little extra "me" time this weekend and even though I kept telling myself I had a ton of crafting to get done, I just couldn't seem to get myself really into it, and spent the majority of it lounging around. Sometimes you need those types of veg-out weekends, and I must say that the terrential downpours we had in CT helped me do just that. Besides catching up on all my DVR recordings and getting some reading in (I finally finished The Hunger Games trilogy, ya!), I picked up my watercolor paints for the first time in years and messed around. I came up with a bunch of silly designs, but it reminded me of how therapeutic art can be.

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Super Star Kid

I tend to not make many boy-themed birthday cards, but I've had this digi for a long time now, and finally decided to color it. I did so with Prismas and chalks, and then found some paper in my stash that coordinated nicely. It needed a little more, so I also found a chipboard "Super Star" embellie to add with some foam tape before deciding to pierce some holes in the design and call it a day.

The digi is from Mo's Digital Pencil and the embellie is from K&Co.

Thanks for stopping by!