Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Fabric Stash: Before and After

So I guess I didn't realize just how much fabric I had until the day I decided enough was enough and I'd have to somehow organize and inventory my stash. During the holiday season I had gotten into the habit of grabbing and throwing fabric into piles which makes me insane when it comes to finishing time. I knew I had to do something. Yikes! 

I'm not going to post photos of what my "before" looked like because I'm too mortified, but -- this is what my fabric stash looks like now. Well, at least the majority of it. I have two more bins not shown in these photos.






I have tried many different solutions to my fabric situation, including hanging shoe racks, storage cubes, you name it. But my problem was always keeping my fabric organized. I wanted a place (preferably mobile) that I can see all of my fabrics at one time, but that didn't require a lot of effort putting the fabric back in place once I had used it. I'm pretty happy with the results.

I found these Artbin Super Satchel Cases at Joann's and thought they'd be perfect because of the separate compartments. The compartments are just the right size for fat quarters, and give you the opportunity to sort by color and/or pattern. They retail for $39.99 but I had a super-duper coupon that got them down to $16.99 which I was thrilled about. They're also available at Amazon (of course).


Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Cindy's Stitching said...

Great storage. I use art bins alot. The fabrics are so pretty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...