Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Inside My Shipping Station

In one of my latest hubs, How To Keep Your Craft Business Organized, I mention that one of the things that keeps me organized is having a designated shipping station within my studio. I realized that I never actually showed what my shipping station looks like and figured what better time to take photos of it than when it's a complete disaster.


In one corner of my studio I like to keep a cabinet full of about 6 different sizes of bubble mailers. Then, I like to keep a sampling of about 2-3 of each sized box on hand for larger-sized items, or items that need more protection. The complete stock of bubble mailers and boxes are left in a separate storage room so they don't completely take on a life of their own. I replenish my stock every Sunday.





Once my items are packed up, I move on to the next designated mailing space which is basically a small desk with a few mailing supplies including my postal scale, business cards, packaging tape, packaging twine, tissue paper, "Fragile" stickers, product and shop labels, rubber stamp and most importantly, my desktop PC.

Shipping from home is so easy that I can't even remember the last time I've been to the post office. I even ship international packages from home. And for those items that can't fit into my mailbox, I leave them on the front porch and schedule a pickup through USPS -- simple as can be!

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

jimlynn said...

Alissa, you're so organized!! That's a ton of bubble wrap too! Sounds like your business is going great!
Lynn

Zeb said...

Super organised :)
Thanks for sharing those photos. It's given me an idea on how I can better organise my craft room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...