Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Good Reads?

The title of this post serves two purposes. First, I’ve realized that my “books read” tracking has taken a pretty significant beating over the past year. In fact, according to my Good Reads account, I haven’t updated my list since February – ugh! I’m a pretty big reader so it’s very important that I track the books I read so that when people ask what I’ve read recently and really liked I’m not going crazy trying to remember book titles and authors. I suppose one of my New Year’s resolutions should be to do a better job with that, huh?

Though my list doesn’t reflect it, I just finished reading The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin.


I thought the book was pretty good and gave some pointers and tips on ways to organize, sell and market your crafts. I’ve read a lot of books on the subject and this was definitely one of the better ones.

This book is a "Lend Me" at Barnes and Noble so if anyone has a Nook account and wants to borrow my copy, feel free to e-mail me and ask. Unfortunately, Nook only allows a one-time only lending policy, so first come, first serve!


The second purpose of the title is to get some advice as to what books you all have read recently that you really liked. Here are a few I’m looking to read next:

We Are Water by Wally Lamb


I’m a huge fan of Wally Lamb’s books so really for no other reason than that, I’m looking forward to reading this book. Depending when my library has an e-copy of this one, I’ll more than likely start right in on this one.

Check it out here:




The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

I’ve heard a lot of great things about this book and since I haven’t had much bad luck with Jodi Picoult’s books, I’m thinking I might be safe with this one, too.

Check it out here:

The Storyteller





When We Were Strangers by Pamela Schoenewaldt

I know nothing about this book except that one of my friends recently recommended it on Good Reads. Fingers crossed! :)

Check it out here:

When We Were Strangers: A Novel






Have you read any of these books? Have you read any books that you really liked? Let me know! 

OR, follow me on Good Reads here: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5575342-alissa






Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...