Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

In All Things Give Thanks Baskets

Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since my last post -- as many of you know, I'm in the process of transitioning to full-time business owner, graphic designer and art consultant so until I'm fully transitioned (goal is January 2015), I will continue to run around like a chicken with my head cut off... Good thing I actually like what I do!

Anyways, in an attempt to get back on schedule and at least journal some of my hands-on creations, I'm posting a custom order request for a Thanksgiving-themed basket for Marie in Kansas City.

This was my take on it:

























I had found a few of these baskets at a local shop and originally had thought of making them all Christmas-themed but now that I see it with the Thanksgiving design, I think I might be changing up my plan. The background work makes the stitching tedious at times, but I found that when I needed mindless stitching, it was my go-to and I was able to get through it relatively unscathed.

I liked the basket so much I created one for myself (with slightly different trim), and then two days later, got a request from someone else who wanted the same basket I had made for Marie. So unfortunately, I had to give mine up. I'm thinking of framing a picture of it and placing it on the cabinet I wanted it to go for the holidays. Too tacky? :)



Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Carol said...

Such a wonderful finish, Alissa! I wish you the very best with your new business venture :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...