Tuesday, June 18, 2013

To Bee or Not to Bee Framed Art

I have had this pattern in my stash FOREVER and finally stitched it up this week. Besides the fact that I absolutely hate bees, the pattern itself is really cute, and it stitched up quite nicely.










I made a few adjustments -- mostly color -- and then framed it in a 7x7 inch black, weathered frame I found along my travels.

The stitching was done on 28 count lambswool linen and DMC fibers were used with just a few color adjustments for my own personal preference.

The back of the frame has brown backing paper and a sawtooth hanger.

Thanks for stopping by!









  
  


3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Alissa, this is WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!! LOVE it! The little bees, flowers, and wording are so cool. Love that frame too - and I've already PINned it!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is so sweet!!! I love the scene and your beautiful frame too! I am not fond of bees either, but without them, our flowers would not get pollinated...... : )

Carol said...

Another adorable piece, Alissa! Your color changes work perfectly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...