Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bird on Branch Framed Art

I just recently had a "unique" special request for a frame to be piece-mailed around a special note card. The card was a very dear keepsake for the person who requested this item so I was completely a nervous wreck when she mailed it to me and put it in my care -- doesn't take much for me.

ANYWAYS... this is the finished result.


I had found the frame, unfinished, at a local shop and decided to dry-brush the bottom coat so it looks a little bit like old wood. Then I found some great rub-on scroll designs to add to the corners, and finished it off with a flat, wood-carved bird. 

The back of the frame rests on a peg which was pretty much the only way I could think of to get it to stand. I'd show pictures of it if not for the fact that the personal note would be seen. All-in-all, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, and even happier that she was pleased with the finished product. 

As always, thanks for your e-mails, and thanks for stopping by!


  


1 comment:

jimlynn said...

Well of course she'd be pleased with it!!! It's fantastic. Love the way you made the wood look older and that bird is just awesome! Loving the scrolls too. Very pretty and a great job!
Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...