Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Land That I Love - Now and Then



Today I'm featuring two of my previous designs using Lizzie Kate's Land That I Love - Now and Then. If you're familiar with Lizzie Kate's designs, you'll know that she has "flip-it" patterns that contain two similar designs. This particular "flip-it" came with two patriotic designs.


  
by: Lizzie Kate
(Click on link to view/purchase pattern)


LAND THAT I LOVE - NOW


























I found this nautical frame in one of my favorite shops and knew immediately I would be using it to frame the "Now" pattern. I love the little details of this frame -- the dry-brushing paint effect on the frame itself, the little embellishments, and the rope -- it just had all of the perfect touches. I hated to part with this piece.

LAND THAT I LOVE - THEN


I stitched the "Then" pattern on 32 count (I think) lambswool linen and chose a brown rustic-looking frame to carry on the simplicity of the pattern. 

Both of the patterns are pretty easy to stitch. In fact, that "hardest" part was the color adjusting. Though the "Then" pattern didn't require any adjustments, my OCD was in full-effect for the "Now" pattern based on the fact that I needed the nautical frame to be "matchy-matchy" in order for me to go on with my life. A creative brain + OCD = trouble! :)

Thanks for stopping by!






    

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Alissa, you get triple wowsers on these!!!! That first one is completely awesome with that frame but I just love both! Sensational!
Lynn

Carol said...

Oh, how cute are those, Alissa!! I just love that frame on the first--how perfect!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

LOVE your work- these designs are so perfect for the upcoming holiday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...