Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?

Sometimes along my travels I come across the most unique finds and I just can't wait to get them home, take them apart and "upcycle" them. This was definitely one of those times!


























I found this button box at a local shop and loved the vintage-inspired feel of it. I thought it would be a cute addition to any stitcher's stash so I bought a few thinking I could just stitch a cute little design and mount it to the top. I used a small border design for this particular box and I'm currently looking for other patterns in my stash to create other designs. The box is good size 6 x 3 x 2, but I'm definitely limited in the stitching space. If all else fails I'll just have to do some pattern shopping.... :)

Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh how pretty - and perfect to keep buttons in!! Great idea to do the stitchery on the top and of course it looks wonderful! Love it.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is fabulous- I cannot believe how fast you are doing your needlework! Wonderful!

Carol said...

That is such a great idea, Alissa!! It looks great and I look forward to seeing what other designs you stitch for the other boxes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...