Friday, April 26, 2013

Bird in Nest Hanging Ornament

Today I'm featuring my Bird in Nest hanging ornament. I found this pattern while reading through my Nook-edition Cross Stitch Collection magazine, Took awhile to get used to reading my magazines digitally but I'm really getting used to the fact that I don't need to store all of my old magazines anymore!



The finished stitched piece measures approximately 4 x 4 inches and then I mounted it to a 5 x 5 inch piece of wood before adding the white fancy cording. The sage green ribbon I had lying around in my stash and it was not only the perfect color, but the perfect width.

I also found these really great wooden heart hangers at a local shop which I thought would be perfect for hanging this ornament becuase the same red color in the heart is found within the pattern.


I typically don't tend to make ornaments outside of Christmas-time but I'm glad I decided to finish this pattern as a hanging ornament because it makes finishing another one a lot less daunting!

Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

jimlynn said...

That heart was the perfect "find" for this adorable ornament! Cute pattern and of course the cross stitching is wonderful - as always.
Lynn

Lotta's Lovelies said...

This is an adorable cross stitch. I've been working in my garden and you are inspiring me to get my needle and thread out again to do some stitching myself. I love to doodle stitch embroider.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...