Saturday, January 26, 2013

Valentine Crafting

Hi everyone!

I was finally able to spend a little time on getting caught up on some Valentine's Day crafting this weekend

First, I stitched up this really cute design from Heart in Hand using DMC colors that coordinated with this ceramic frame I found that I thought was just too cute with the white embossed hearts.


Second, I made another 8 of my "Confidence is Sexy" cards I received as custom orders from my original prototype. This stamp is from Mo's Digital and I believe I've colored her dress and hair in just about every color combination now, so I'm officially retiring this design. :)


Then I got a request last week from someone who saw my Valentine Kisses card from last year and who wanted 14 of these cards made, again, in all different skin, hair and outfit color changes. I was lucky enough to find paper that somewhat looked the same as last year's. That's the problem I'm finding now with certain papers - it's almost like they retire them like they're Vera Bradley handbags now. What the heck is that about?? 


Today I'm focusing on finishing up the last of the note cards I have to make and then I plan on focusing on some not-holiday themed finishes again. I enjoy the time period between March and May just because I don't have that pressure to design for certain occasions. I'm sure you can all agree!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Love the long-legged birds, as you know, Alissa :) I just pulled that chart the other day--not sure if I'll get to it before Thanksgiving or not, but your cute finish has sure inspired me to try hard!

Good luck finishing all of your cards!

jimlynn said...

Both of the cards of fabulous. Love that image on the first card! Too cute.
BUT, your stitchery is over the top wonderful!! WOW! A perfect frame for it too!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the stitching- a great pattern! (Amazing!). Your cards are both so fun- love the purple card- i am on a purple kick lately..... and love the fun DP- yep- my friend said alot of the artists have creative license and limit how long the designs can be published......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...