Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Last of the Winter Crafts

Being from Connecticut, I get to experience all of the seasons, and unlike a lot of people, I don't hate winter -- though we haven't had a lot of snow lately (knock on wood) so that's probably easier to say at the moment. :)

These are the last of my two winter-themed crafts for the season I believe. The first is a small finish from Lizzie Kate that I actually stitched on some (gasp) blue denim linen. For some reason I very rarely stitch on anything that isn't white, off-white or beige, so this was big for me. I know - I need to get out more. :)

I thought that the combination of the wooden slats of the frame and the two large tin hearts really called for a contast in fabric, and I'm glad with the way it came out. I wish all finishes could be this pleasant!


The second finish was another pattern from Lizzie Kate and perhaps even more enjoyable to stitch. I just love the colors in this pattern - I don't even think I made any color substitution. All I did was mount it inside a small white frame and called it a day!

Off to some spring crafting!


Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your stitching on the blue- and it is perfect with that frame! Love the cute snowman too!

Carol said...

Very cute LK finishes, Alissa... I don't know about you, but I'm ready for some spring stitching :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...