Sunday, December 16, 2012

You Are My Sunshine

Hi everyone!

Today I'm featuring my You Are My Sunshine framed art piece. I actually remembered to take a picture before shipping it off. Ya!!

The pattern is from Country Cottage Needleworks and it features some really great colors. For the background I decided to use 28 ct Jobelan in sky blue so it looks like it has clouds in the background. The stitching was the easiest part because once it was finished, I had no idea what color to paint the frame. I started with green, changed it to white (that was fun...) and then I went to black before settling on a slate blue color. I painted it a dark blue first, sanded it down, and then dry-brushed it with a lighter blue to make it look (hopefully) old! I added brown backing paper and a sawooth hanger before calling it a day.



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

So pretty, Alissa, and love the frame! It really does remind you of clouds.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Absolutely darling! I used to sing this to my kids before they went to bed everynight......

Carol said...

Such a bright and cheerful piece, Alissa! Congratulations on a great finish--love that frame, too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...