Sunday, September 16, 2012

With Liberty and Justice Cross Stitch Wall Art

I was able to stitch up this great pattern from Little House Needleworks rather quickly and then spent about a week trying to figure out what to do with it before deciding to mount it to some rich, red DP and popping it in a frame. The stitched piece was mounted to foam board and then I added some brown cording trim for the edges. The square frame measures 9 1/2" and I hand-painted and dry-brushed it to make it look a little more rustic.

I'm having a little dilemma now trying to figure out what to work on next. It's that weird time of year when I try to figure out if I should be focusing on Halloween/Thanksgiving or go straight to Christmas! I can't believe how fast the time went!




Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

Carol said...

I love how you've finished this Alissa! And your stitching is so perfect...

jimlynn said...

Perfect framing and love it!
Lynn

Erin Turowski said...

Very nice finish!

I know exactly what you mean by the "weird time of year" comment - I think of how long my Christmas presents took last year, and it really makes me want to get a head start this year... but I don't want to leave out autumn. Decisions...

-Erin
Less B*tching, More Stitching!

Marghe said...

Is cute
mayodetalles.blogspot.com

Sylvana said...

You have beautiful work

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- and you get so much accomplished! I say- go for the Christmas projects....hehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...