Sunday, September 23, 2012

Little Birdie Christmas Ornament

I've been up since about 7:30 this morning trying to catch up on some stitching and finishes I've had sitting around. I grossly underestimated the time it would take to do this and take pictures of everything so I'm sitting now for the first time today -- and I'm beat!

The first piece I finished was my first ornament of the year. I had these cute frames laying around and I thought adding a small cross-stitched piece would be a good touch.


The bird pattern came out of one of my Christmas ornament books. I stitched it on some 28 ct linen in a soft mocha color. It's mounted to comic book board and then inserted inside the frame. I added the ribbon and the ivy just to give it a little bit more of a Christmas touch. 

Now I just have to figure out where I put the rest of these frames.... 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Precious!!! Great ornament!
Lynn

Carol said...

What a sweet ornament, Alissa!! Yes, finishing these little things does take a surprising amount of time, doesn't it!

LastingAllure said...

He is just adorable! Love how you finished this one off :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...